Day 26- Fruits of Suffering- for Souls

"I will spend my Heaven in doing good on earth.  After my death I will let fall a shower of roses." 
 ~ St. Therese

Preparatory Prayer:

Dear St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face, I thank the Most Holy Trinity for all the graces lavished upon you, and through you upon the world.  I have great confidence in your intercession, both because of your power in Heaven, since you yourself said that "God would refuse you nothing," and because of your goodness and your promise that "no one would invoke you without receiving answer, since you would "spend your Heaven in doing good upon earth" and "let fall from Heaven a shower of roses."  Intercede for me with the loving Hearts of Jesus and Mary, that the Holy Spirit may assist me to understand your teaching on "Joy in Suffering" and may grant me the gift of fortitude, that fired with a burning love of God and souls, I may eagerly follow you in joyous suffering and share in your glorious triumph.  I promise to show my heartfelt gratitude by doing whatever I can to promote your honor and to make you ever more widely known and loved throughout the world, for the greater glory of the Most Holy Trinity.  Amen.

Reflection:

St. Therese had an immense desire to help others reach their Heavenly home.  She said, "If in Heaven I could no longer work for God's glory, I should prefer exile to home...  I trust fully that I shall not remain idle in Heaven;  my desire is to continue my work for the Church and for souls.  I have asked this of God and am convinced that He will hear my prayer.  You see that if I quit the battlefield so soon, it is not from a selfish desire of repose."  St. Therese's love for God fueled her love for souls and it was her extreme perseverance in suffering and her joy to do so which made it possible for her to be such a Heavenly aid for all souls.  She has worked amazing miracles since her flight into Heaven, so much so that she has interceded for people all over the world, in any and all circumstances.  Her joy in suffering has bared much fruit in the salvation of souls, and will continue to do so until the end of time.  She said, "Only when the angel shall have said:  'Time is no more!'- then I shall be able to rejoice, because the number of the elect will be complete."

Prayer:

Dear St. Therese, I too have an immense desire to save souls!  I long to persevere through my own daily trials with joy, in knowing that I will help aid, as you did, in the salvation of many many souls.  I desire to be your "Heavenly Assistant" as it were, to aid you in your Heavenly work of interceding for all who ask for your help in their own trials.  Please pray for my desires to be fulfilled and for the opportunity to help you in your work for souls! 
I also recommend to you my special intentions in this Novena (Specify your intentions.)  To one who has suffered so much for Him, God will refuse nothing.

Our Father....  Hail Mary....  Glory Be....

Comments

Popular Posts