Day 25- Fruits of Suffering- For Herself

"I desire that Jesus should take possession of my faculties in such a way that my actions may no longer be human and personal, but wholly divine, inspired and directed by the Spirit of Love." 
 ~ St. Therese

Preparatory Prayer:

Dear St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face, I thank the Most Holy Trinity for all the graces lavished upon you, and through you upon the world.  I have great confidence in your intercession, both because of your power in Heaven, since you yourself said that "God would refuse you nothing," and because of your goodness and your promise that "no one would invoke you without receiving answer, since you would "spend your Heaven in doing good upon earth" and "let fall from Heaven a shower of roses."  Intercede for me with the loving Hearts of Jesus and Mary, that the Holy Spirit may assist me to understand your teaching on "Joy in Suffering" and may grant me the gift of fortitude, that fired with a burning love of God and souls, I may eagerly follow you in joyous suffering and share in your glorious triumph.  I promise to show my heartfelt gratitude by doing whatever I can to promote your honor and to make you ever more widely known and loved throughout the world, for the greater glory of the Most Holy Trinity.  Amen.

Reflection:

St. Therese tasted of the fruits to come in her Heavenly life by the immense peace she experienced living in the will of God, that no amount of suffering or sadness to shake.  She said, "Our Lord's will fills my heart to the very brim, and hence, if aught else is added, it cannot penetrate to any depth, but like oil on the surface of limpid waters, glides easily across... These quick succeeding changes of the feeling of joy and sadness scarcely ruffle the surface of my soul, and in its depths there reigns a peace that nothing can disturb."  St. Therese rose to become the "Greatest Saint of Modern Times," with devotion found in every walk of life and throughout the whole world.  Her complete surrender to live in the will of God, especially in the small things and her promise to aid people even from Heaven has made her a beautiful advocate for people everywhere.  She predicted this before she even died and said, "Everyone will love me."

Prayer:

Dear St. Therese, you have given great hope to people of all walks of life by your "Little Way" and complete surrendering to everything that God deems to send your way.  You have become beloved by all in your simple desire to continue to provide your Heavenly assistance even now.  I desire to be holy like you, dear St. Therese, by following your Little Way and not holding anything back from our Dear Jesus.  Help me to continue to seek your intersession even when this novena is complete, having confidence in your ever helping hand!
I also recommend to you my special intentions in this Novena (Specify your intentions.)  To one who has suffered so much for Him, God will refuse nothing.

Our Father....  Hail Mary....  Glory Be....

Comments

Popular Posts