Angels and Bracelets

Have you ever tried to put on a clasp bracelet yourself?  You could spend ten minutes trying to hold it down with one finger, twist your arm in just the right way all while squeezing the clasp open with the other hand and trying to have everything align just right before you release the clasp close.  I was attempting this very effort just this morning and the thought came to me to ask my Guardian Angel for help.  I mean, my Angel is right there with me and probably laughing at the sight of me trying to put this bracelet on all by myself.  Why not ask for help?

I did eventually get the bracelet on after a couple more tries.  And then I thought to myself, is asking my Guardian Angel for help with something so insignificant a disrespectful thing to do?  Is my effort to get this bracelet on, something not really related to anything religious, something that I shouldn't bother my Angel with?

This is a good question.  Are there things that are too insignificant to ask for heavenly aid with?  While I may not have a philosophical answer for you I do think that I may put you on the right track. 

If we are to be like little children, as Jesus says, to enter into eternal life then we should not be afraid of going to Jesus, or to our Guardian Angels in this example, with everything.  If we get in the habit of turning to our Heavenly friends with very small things, then how much more so will we turn to them in big things?  Our Guardian Angels want to be our closest friends, besides our relationship with Jesus and the Blessed Mother.  Close friends share everything together, even the silly small things.  

Do not be afraid to talk to Jesus and your Guardian Angel about anything.  Rather, talk to them all throughout your day.  Tell them what you are thinking, what food sounds good for lunch, that your feet hurt at the end of the day, that you really want to buy that new coat you saw in a catalog.  These may be small things, but great friendships can blossom out of small moments.  These little moments of seemingly ordinary things can be turned into Holy Moments.  You may not get that new coat you liked and your feet might not stop hurting, but something very beautiful will happen.  In your little effort to include Heaven in your current thoughts- the spiritual meets with the material and you have just created something holy. 

St. Gemma Galgani was graced with the ability to see her Guardian Angel.  She could see her Angel and talk with him on a daily basis.  Her spiritual director, Ven. Germanus Ruoppolo, said, "“The visible presence of her Angel Guardian, with which Gemma was singularly favored by God, was for her one of the most natural experiences. Her Angel used to talk to her as ordinary mortals talk to their friends.”  

You can read more about St. Gemma's story here.

Try talking to your Guardian Angel today as a friend spending the day with you.  It may be the first day of a great friendship!

Comments

Popular Posts